CHS offers this unique benefit to all teammates to help parents/guardians prepare kids of all ages for college.
Provider: Bright Horizons
Eligibility: All teammates
Enrollment: Registration for participation is required and can be found on our LiveWELL site
- Onsite and virtual education
- Assistance with the FAFSA
- College selection
- Learning resource and essay review center
- Tools and resources
- Individual assistance targeted to your students
As a CHS teammate, you are eligible to open an account at Charlotte Metro Credit Union and set up direct deposit payroll deductions each pay period.
Provider: Charlotte Metro Credit Union
Eligibility: All teammates
Enrollment: Teammates may enroll in this benefit any time by visiting their local Charlotte Metro Credit Union
Cancellation: Teammates may cancel this benefit at any time by contacting Charlotte Metro Credit Union
Employee Assistance Program
Provides free, confidential short-term counseling services for you and you immediate family members.
Carrier: Carolinas Healthcare System Employee Assistance Program
To schedule an appointment, please contact CHS EAP at 704-355-5021 or 800-384-1097
Eligibility: All teammates and their immediate family members
Enrollment: Automatically enrolled as a CHS team member
- Marital conflicts
- Financial problems
- Job stress
- Drug and Alcohol problems
- Legal Issues
- EAP offers prevention and wellness seminars, management, consultation, and critical incident stress debriefing
- Counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Maternity Benefit Program
In recognition of the women in our workforce and their life-changing experience of pregnancy and motherhood, we offer a maternity benefit. To speak with a Maternity Navigator, please contact 704-631-0301.
Eligibility: Teammates who are expectant mothers and work full time, 30 or more standard hours per week
Enrollment: Automatically enrolled as a CHS team member upon maternity event
Services Include: Maternity navigators to assist throughout the maternity experience
- 100% compensation for the first six weeks of maternity leave
- Transitional care for 30 days while returning to work through Bright Horizons*
- SmartStarts prenatal education program, an additional incentive available to teammates enrolled in the CHS LiveWELL Health Plan
- Breast pump reimbursement
*Teammates enrolled in Dependent Care FSA and Transitional Care may not exceed the IRS limit or services may become taxable.
End of Life Support
Provider: The Hartford
Eligibility: All benefits – eligible teammates
- Funeral planning and concierge services
- Beneficiary assistance
- Counseling services
- Estate guidance
- Will services
Healthcare Power of Attorney and Living Will Educational Opportunity
Advance Directives tell your doctors and your loved ones what you want them to do if something happens to you and you are unable to speak for yourself.
With this free educational opportunity you will:
- Learn how Advance Directives like Healthcare Power of Attorney or Living Will can help you stay in control of your medical care
- Have the opportunity to make an Advance Directive
- Learn what to do with your completed Advance Directives
Classes are held monthly at a variety of CHS facilities. For more information, locations and times please visit CHS LiveWELL.
Notice Regarding Additional Benefits Programs
- If you have questions, need to file a claim or cancel your policy, contact 704-631-0263.
- Please note that the above Information is intended to provide explanation of benefit plans. For advice regarding your personal healthcare and financial matters, you may want to consult a healthcare provider, Medicare consultant, tax professional or financial advisor.
- This page contains only highlights of benefits for eligible teammates and is subject to review and modification. Every effort has been made to report information accurately, but the possibility of error exists. In addition, not every health plan detail of every benefit that may matter to you could be included in this guide. The Carolinas HealthCare System program is governed by the official plan documents. In case of any conflict between this guide and an official plan document, the plan document will be the final authority.
- Please refer to your plan documents or Summary Plan Descriptions for a full explanation of covered services, exclusions and limitations. If there is a discrepancy between this guide and legal plan documents, the plan documents will control information about all of the benefits available.