As you prepare for the holiday season, take a few moments to check your prescription medications. Take action now to make sure you are covered through the holidays!
- Check your prescription medication refill dates. Medication orders may take longer than 3-5 business days during the holiday season
- Order prescription medications early. If you order prescription medication from CarolinaCARE, valid prescription refills received by Friday, December 22, will be processed using the 2017 CHS LiveWELL Health Plan copay, co-insurance and deductible. Orders received after December 22 will be processed using 2018 price rates and applied to your 2018 deductible
The CHS LiveWELL Health Plan will help pay the cost of your prescriptions. Prescription Drug Benefit details are available in the 2018 Benefits Guide.
- The CarolinaCARE Prescription Documents 2018 CHS LiveWELL Preventive Drug List includes medications ranging in price $0 - $15. Prescriptions on the CHS Preventive Drug List are filled through CarolinaCARE regardless of whether you have met your deductible
- You may purchase medications that are not on the CHS Preventive Drug List from the pharmacy of your choice until you have reached your deductible. After you have met your deductible, prescriptions must be filled by CarolinaCARE
To manage the cost of your prescription drugs:
- Check to see if your medication is on the CarolinaCARE Prescription Documents 2018 CHS LiveWELL Preventive Drug List
- Talk to your doctor to find out if there is a lower-cost generic alternative available
- Make an appointment with CHS One-on-One Rx at CarolinaCARERx.org to review prescriptions and maximize savings
Please note that the above Information is intended to provide explanation of benefit plans. For advice regarding your personal healthcare and financial matters, you may want to consult a healthcare provider, Medicare consultant, tax professional or financial advisor.